Chicken Curry with Ananas
Ready in: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
14.1 oz (400 g) boneless, skinless chicken fillets
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
2 tabespoons butter
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon curry powder
3.4 fl. oz (100 ml) whipping cream
8.8 oz (250 g) canned ananas (+2 tablespoons ananas juice)
10 oz (285 g) basmati rice
1. Rinse the chicken fillets under cold water and pat dry with kitchen paper. Season them on both sides with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cut the chicken fillets into cubes or stripes. Finely chop the onion and garlic clove. Drain the canned ananas, (keeping 2-3 tablespoons of the juice). Cut the ananas in cubes and set aside.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken cubes and cook on all sides, about 2-3 minutes, stirring to break up the meat. Transfer the chicken and it’s juice into a bowl and set aside.
3. Wash and drain the rice. Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add the rice and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes. (Check the packing instructions for cooking times.) Drain the rice and return it back to the pan. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and stir to mix.
4. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a non-stick frying pan over low heat. Add the chopped garlic and onion. Season with salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder. Cook until softened, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of ananas juice to make a past.
5. Raise the heat. Add the chicken and whipping cream, stir and bring to a boil. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and mix well to distribute it evenly. Now, reduce the heat. Cover, and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Add the ananas cubes and cook for 2 minutes more, while stirring occasionally.
5. Serve hot with boiled rice. Sprinkle over with chia seeds and roasted sesame seeds to taste.
Energy: 595 kcal / 2490 kJ
Fat: 22,3 g
Carbohydrates: 67 g
of which sugars: 9 g
Protein: 30 g
Fibre: 1 g