Fig Salad with Mozzarella, Grana Padano and Walnuts
Ready in: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
3 1/2 oz (100 g) fresh rocket
5.3 oz (150 g) Mozzarella
2.8 oz (80 g) Grana Padano
2.8 oz (80 g) walnuts
3 sprigs fresh mint
4 tablespoons olive oil (or walnut oil)
1 tablespoon honey
3 tablespoons freshly pressed lime juice
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
1. Rinse the figs, rocket and mint leaves in cold water, then thoroughly pat them dry with kitchen paper. Finely chop the mint leaves.
2. With a sharp knife cut the figs crosswise, but not quite to the bottom. With your thumbs, squeeze them slightly from the bottom to open them up.
3. Use your fingers to pluck the mozzarella into smaller pieces. Roughly grate the parmesan. Heat a small, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the walnuts and roast them until fragrant and lightly browned, for about 2-3 minutes, stirring often. Remove the walnuts from the heat and let them cool on a plate.
4. For the dressing: Combine the honey, olive oil, chopped mint leaves, lime juice, salt and freshly ground pepper in a small bowl. Whisk to blend evenly.
5. Arrange the rocket on the plates. Put the figs on top of the rocket. Arrange the mozzarella, walnuts and parmesan on top. Drizzle over with the dressing.
Energy: 477 kcal / 1998 kJ
Fat: 36,2 g
Carbohydrates: 18,9 g
of which sugars: 14,2 g
Protein: 18,4 g
Fibre: 4,1 g
♥Personal note: You can swap the Grana Padano and Mozzarella for Feta cheese, if you like.