Fluffy Chocolate Muffins
Ready in: 45 minutes
Yield: 10 muffins
5.3 oz (150 g) all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 1/2 oz (100 g) cooking chocolate
3.4 fl. oz (100 ml) whipping cream
1 tablespoon grated coconut
3 1/2 oz (100 g) butter
2.8 oz (80 g) granulated sugar
2 packets (16 g) vanilla sugar
1 pinch of salt
Koalified Tips for making Muffins (Same as for all pound cakes):
- The ingredients, have all to be at room temperature. The butter has to be soft. (Example: If you add cold eggs to the butter, you will get a grainy mixture that looks like semolina, that means the eggs curddled.) What we need is an evenly mixed batter.
- Add the eggs in batches!
- Do not over-whisk the mixture , only whisk everything until just blended.
- The consistency of the batter has to be sticky, not liquid, which means: The batter should slowly fall from the spoon. It shouldn’t be too firm either.
- Don’t open the stove in the first 20 minutes while baking the muffins
(Cover the muffins with baking paper, to prevent the top from getting too brown. Only if necessary.)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Cover a baking rack with baking paper. Place the muffin cups on the baking sheet.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a big bowl. Stir to mix evenly. Cut the butter into cubes.
3. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over hot water. Stir in the whipping cream. Let the mixture cool slightly, then reheat again for 1 minute, while stirring constantly. Place in a bowl filled with cold water. Remove and set aside. Stir in the grated coconut.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the softened butter cubes with the chocolate mixture. Add the granulated sugar and vanilla sugar and whisk until just blended. Add the eggs, one at a time, stir until just blended. (Remember: Don’t add the eggs at once.)
5. Stir the flour mixture in batches into the egg mixture .
6. Use a spoon to fill each muffin cup with 2 tablespoons of batter. Bake until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let the muffins cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, sprinkle over with confectioners sugar, if you like.
Energy: 268 kcal / 1121 kJ
Fat: 15,8 g
Carbohydrates: 27 g
of which sugars: 10,3 g
Protein: 3,9 g
Fibre: 0,6 g