Homemade New York Style Cheesecake
Ready in: 1 1/2 hours (resting time 3 hours)
Yield: 1 cake // 8 pieces
For the Crust Base:
4.4 oz (125 g) all-purpose flour
4.4 oz (125 g) ground almonds
3.5 oz (100 g) butter (room temperature)
2.5 oz (70 g) granulated sugar
1 packet (8 g) vanilla sugar
1 tablespoon rum
The ingredients have to be at room temperature. Take them out of the refrigerater, about 10 minutes before preparing the pastry. The butter has to be slightly soft, but still malleable.
1. Cut the butter into cubes.
2. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the ground almonds and stir to mix evenly. Make a well in the centre.
3. Add the butter, vanilla sugar, granulated sugar, rum and egg. With your hands, incorporate the flour mixture with the butter mixture into a soft shortcrust pastry. Form the pastry into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. Lay a 24 cm / 9,4 in round cake tin with baking paper. Put the shortcrust pastry onto a lightly floured surface. With a rolling pin, roll the dough out. Transfer into the cake tin, spreading it evenly against the sides. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes minutes more.
For the filling:
8.8 oz (250 g) Quark (curd cheese), 20 % fat
14.1 oz (400 g) cream cheese
3.4 fl. o oz (100 ml) whipping cream
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3.5 oz (100 g) granulated sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 340 °F (170 °C).
2. Stir together the egg and granulated sugar. Add the quark, cream cheese, lemon juice, and the whipping cream in turns. Sift in the cornstarch and whisk until thoroughly blended.
3. Spoon the cheese mixture into the crust and spread it evenly. Bake until just set, for about 25 minutes. Turn down the temperature and leave the cheesecake for 5 minutes in the oven. Take the cheesecake out of the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, before cutting and serving the cheesecake.
Per piece (If you cut the cake into 8 pieces):
Energy: 553 kcal / 2313 kJ
Fat: 37 g
Carbohydrates: 38,7 g
of which sugars: 13,5 g
Protein: 13,5 g
Fibre: 2,2 g