Low Carb Broccoli and Mozzarella Quiches
Ready in: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Cooking equipment: 6 small soufflé dishes
10.6 oz (300 g) broccoli
4.2 oz (120 g) carrot
4.2 oz (120 g) cocktail tomatoes
8.8 oz (250 g) curd cheese (40% fat)
4.4 oz (125 g) mozzarella cheese
1.6 oz (45 g) almond slivers
1.4 oz (40 g) almond flour
1/2 teaspoon red bell pepper
1. Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving 1-2 cm of stalk attached to the florets. Thoroughly rinse the broccoli florets and carrot under cold running water.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and carrot and cook until just tender, for about 6-15 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the remaining broccoli florets to a plate and set aside. (The broccoli only needs about 6 minutes cooking time, cook the carrot for 10 minutes more.) Once cooked, remove the carrot and rinse under cool water. Then, roughly grate the carrot and roughly chop the broccoli florets.
3. Whisk the egg with half the almond flour until thoroughly blended. Stir in the curd cheese. Season lightly with salt and stir to mix evenly.
4. Stir together the red bell pepper and half the almond flour. Cut the mozzarella cheese into cubes and coat them all over with the almond mixture.
5. Combine the carrot, broccoli and mozzarella cheese in a big bowl. Fold in the curd cheese mixture. Divide the broccoli mixture among the soufflé dishes. Arrange the almond slivers on top.
6. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Put the tomatoes into a separate baking dish and put them in the oven after about 10 minutes. Serve warm with cocktail tomatoes.
Energy: 221 kcal / 925 kJ
Fat: 14 g
Carbohydrates: 5,7 g
of which sugars: 5.5 g
Protein: 15,8 g
Fibre: 4,5 g