Low Carb Mixed Berry Cheesecake
A creamy Low Carb and Gluten-free Cheesecake.
Ready in: 2 hours
Yield: 1 cake // 8 pieces
For the Crust Base:
5.3 oz (150 g) ground almonds
1.8 oz (50 g) almond flour
1.4 oz (40 g) erythritol
2 1/2 oz (70 g) butter (room temperature)
1 pinch of salt
1 egg yolk (room temperature)
1. For the crust, put the ground almonds into a large bowl. Sift in the almond flour and salt, and stir to mix evenly.
2. Whisk the butter with the erythritol until light and fluffy. Whisk in the egg yolk. Gradually fold in the almond mixture, in three batches. Use your hands to mix everything together.
3. Press the almond mixture into a greased 23 cm / 9 in round cake tin with baking paper, spreading it evenly against the sides. Form a rim around the top edge that is slightly thicker than the sides. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
For the Filling:
8.8 oz (250 g) ricotta cheese
17.6 oz (500 g) (curd cheese (Quark, 20%)
3 1/2 oz (100 g) erythritol
3.4 fl. oz (100 ml) whipping cream
1 pinch of salt
lemon zest + lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Lay a baking tin with baking paper. Wash and zest the lemon. Squeeze the lemon juice from one lemon half into a small bowl.
2. Whisk together the egg, lemon zest and erythritol until fluffy. Add the ricotta, lemon juice, curd cheese and the whipping cream and beat just until blended.
3. Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared crust and spread it evenly. Bake until just set, for about 35 minutes. Turn down the temperature and leave the cheesecake for 5 minutes in the oven. Take the cheesecake out of the oven and let it cool on a wire rack. Chill in a cool place for at least 45 minutes.
For the Topping:
7.9 oz (225 g) raspberries
4.4 oz (125 g) blueberries
1. Wash and drain the raspberries and blueberries. Pat them dry with paper towels.
2. Arrange the blueberries and raspberries evenly on top of the cheesecake. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Serve at cool room temperature. Sprinkle over with confectioners sugar to taste.
Per piece (If you cut the cake into 8 pieces):
Energy: 392 kcal / 1642 kJ
Fat: 30 g
Carbohydrates: 25,8 g
of which sugars: 7,5 g
Protein: 19,2 g
Fibre: 5,2 g