Low Carb Zucchini Cake
A healthy Low Carb &Gluten-Free Zucchini Cake.
Ready in: 1 hour
Servings: 12 pieces
8.8 oz (250 g) zucchini
2.8 oz (80 g) erythritol
5.3 oz (150 g) ground almonds
1.8 oz (50 g) almond flour
0.9 oz (25 g) butter
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon gingerbread spice mix
semolina or flour (for the baking tin)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Thoroughly wash the zucchini. Trim the ends, then roughly grate the zucchini. Put the grated zucchini into a clean kitchen towel. Using your hands, squeeze hard to extract the water from the zucchini.
2. Melt the butter in a small pan and leave to cool. Brush a cake tin lightly with the melted butter and sprinkle with semolina or flour. Shake of the excess semolina/flour.
3. Combine the almond flour, gingerbread spice mix and baking powder in a small bowl. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the erythritol until thick and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the remaining melted butter and ground almonds. Beat until just blended.
4. Stir in the grated zucchini and chia seeds. Sift the almond flour mixture in batches into the zucchini mixture, stirring well after each addition.
5. Transfer the cake mixture into the prepared cake tin, spreading it evenly. Bake until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 40-42 minutes. Let the zucchini cake cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, sprinkle over with confectioners sugar, if you like. Let the cake rest for about 1 hour, before serving.
Per piece (If you cut the cake into 12 pieces):
Energy: 134 kcal / 562 kJ
Fat: 10,3 g
Carbohydrates: 8,5 g
of which sugars: 1,4 g
Protein: 7,2 g
Fibre: 2,5 g