Mixed Berries Cheese Cake
Ready in: 2 hours
Yield: 1 cake // 8 pieces
Use the Basic recipe for the dough base:
Sweet Grated Shortcrust Pastry
For the Filling:
8.8 oz (250 g) quark, 20 % fat (curd cheese)
3 1/2 oz (100 g) granulated sugar
1 packet ( 8 g) vanilla sugar
1/2 packet (16 g) custard powder (vanilla flavour)
lemon zest from 1 lemon
6.8 fl. oz (200 ml) whipping cream
1. Wash the lemon thoroughly in hot water. Then, zest the lemon.
2. In a big bowl, beat the whipping cream and 2 tablepoons of granulated sugar with a stand mixer or a whisk until it has doubled in volume and forms stiff peaks.
3. Beat the eggs until thick and creamy. Add the quark, custard powder and remaining sugar in batches, whisking well after each addition. Add the lemon zest and stir briefly to mix.
4. Gently fold in the whipped cream into the egg mixture until evenly blended. Keep the filling refrigerated until ready to use. (For not too long though, only about 10 minutes.)
Filling the Shortcrust Pastry:
1. Preheat the oven to 340 °F (170 °C). Lay a 24 cm / 9,4 in round cake tin with baking paper.
2. Put the shortcrust pastry onto a lightly floured surface. With a rolling pin, roll the dough out. Transfer into the cake tin, spreading it evenly against the sides. Use a fork to poke holes into the dough. Form a rim around the top edge that is slightly thicker than the sides. Cover and refrigerate for 5 minutes minutes more.
3. Place the dough base in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. Pour the quark mixture into the well and spread it evenly. Bake until just set, about 28-30 minutes. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes, then remove the cake from the cake tin and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
For the Topping:
6.7 oz (190 g) blueberries
6.7 oz (190 g) blackberries
6.7 oz (190 g) raspberries
1. Wash and thoroughly drain the berries. Pat them dry with kitchen paper.
2. Arrange the berries on top of the cake. It’s up to you how to arrange them. #( ^ O ^ )#
For the Fruit Glaze:
1 packet (12 g) fruit tart glaze (clear)
5 fl. oz (150 ml) fruit juice (mixed berries)
2 tablespoons sugar
5 fl. oz (100 ml) water
1. In a deep pan, combine the fruit tart glaze, fruit juice, sugar and cold water. Stir to blend evenly.
2. Bring the mixture slowly to the boil. Stir for about 1 minute, then remove the pan from the heat. Allow the fruit glaze to cool for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
3. Spoon the fruit glaze on top of the berries, beginning from the middle. Allow the fruit glaze to set, about 20 minutes.
4. Serve at cool room temperature. You can make the cake 1 day in advance, but add the fruit and fruit glaze just before serving.
Per serving: (if you cut the cake into 8 pieces):
Energy: 461 kcal / 1931 kJ
Fat: 22,2 g
Carbohydrates: 53,7 g
of which sugars: 29,7 g
Protein: 10,4 g
Fibre: 3,8 g