Moist & Fluffy Zucchini Muffins
Ready in: 45 minutes
Yield: 9 muffins
3 1/2 oz (120 g) all-purpose flour
1.8 oz (50 g) ground almonds
1 (220 g) zucchini
1 (60 g) carrot
1 teaspoon baking powder
1.7 fl. oz (50 ml) whipping cream
1 tablespoon (7 g) chia seeds
3 1/2 oz (100 g) butter
1.8 oz (50 g) granulated sugar
1.8 oz (50 g) cane sugar
2 packets (16 g) vanilla sugar
1 pinch of salt
Koalified Tips for making Muffins (Same as for all pound cakes):
- The ingredients, have all to be at room temperature. The butter has to be soft. (Example: If you add cold eggs to the butter, you will get a grainy mixture that looks like semolina, that means the eggs curddled.) What we need is an evenly mixed batter.
- Add the eggs in batches!
- Do not over-whisk the mixture, only whisk everything until just blended.
- The consistency of the batter has to be sticky, not liquid, which means: The batter should slowly fall from the spoon. It shouldn’t be too firm either.
- Don’t open the stove in the first 20 minutes while baking the muffins. (Cover the muffins with baking paper to prevent the top from getting too brown. Only if necessary.)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Cover a baking rack with baking paper. Place the muffin cups on the baking sheet.
2. Peel the carrot and zucchini and rinse them under cold water. Trim the ends, then finely grate the zucchini and carrot. Put the grated vegetables into a clean kitchen towel. Using your hands, squeeze hard to extract the juice.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder into a big bowl. Add the almonds and chia seeds, and stir to mix evenly. Cut the butter into cubes.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the softened butter cubes with the sugar and vanilla sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, and stir until just blended. (Remember: Don’t add the eggs at once.) Add the grated zucchini and carrot and stir to mix evenly.
5. Stir the flour mixture and whipping cream in batches into the egg mixture. Fill each muffin cup with 2 tablespoons of batter.
6. Bake until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 20-22 minutes. Let the muffins cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, sprinkle over with confectioners sugar or chocolate shavings, if you like.
Energy: 258 kcal / 1082 kJ
Fat: 15,4 g
Carbohydrates: 24,2 g
of which sugars: 14,2 g
Protein: 4,9 g
Fibre: 1,8 g