Pasta with Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce
Ready in: 1 hour
Yield: 4 servings
10.6 oz (320 g) pasta
3.2 oz (90 g) gorgonzola cheese
2.5 oz (70 g) maasdam cheese
5 fl. oz (150 ml) whipping cream
10.2 fl. oz (300 ml) vegetable broth
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1.4 oz (40 g) butter
1 pinch of ground nutmeg
freshly ground pepper
1. Bring a large casserole of water to the boil. Add the macaroni and a pinch of salt. Cook until just tender.(Depending on the type of macaroni, it will usually take 10-14 minutes.) Use a spoon to skim off any white foam that rises to the top while cooking the macaroni. Carefully drain the macaroni. Return the macaroni to the casserole and cover with a lid.
2. Grate the maasdam cheese. Roughly chop the gorgonzola cheese.
3. For the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a heavy pan until sizzling. Add the flour, while stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Gradually pour the warm vegetable broth into the flour mixture and stir constantly until smooth. Pour in the whipping cream and continue cooking over a low heat, until the sauce is thick, for about 1 minute. Reduce the heat, if necessary.
4. Season the sauce with ground nutmeg, salt and pepper. Do net let the sauce get burn or take on a brown colour. Add the cheese and let the sauce simmer, for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and allow to stand for another 2 minutes more.
5. Combine the cheese sauce with the pasta and toss gently to mix. Sprinkle over with grated parmesan or grana padano to taste.
Energy: 637 kcal / 2665 kJ
Fat: 32.2 g
Carbohydrates: 64,4 g
of which sugars: 8 g
Protein: 21,6 g
Fibre: 2,9 g