Pull-Apart Garlic Bread with Rosemary
Ready in: 2 hours
Yield: 12 pieces
13 oz (370 g) all-purpose flour
8.5 fl. oz (250 ml) water (lukewarm)
1 oz (30 g) fresh yeast
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 fl. oz (60 ml) olive oil
3 garlic cloves
3 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 handful of fresh parsley
3 1/2 oz (100 g) cheese (Montasio Dop)
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
2. Crumble the fresh yeast into the well. Sprinkle over with the granulated sugar. Pour (200 ml) lukewarm water into the well and stir with 1/4 of the flour. Sprinkle the yeast mixture lightly with flour. Cover the bowl and let the yeast mixture stand for 15 minutes. (You will see some cracks in the flour after a while.)
4. Now you can add the remaining water (the water has to be lukewarm!) and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Use your hands to knead the dough until it begins to form a ball. Knead until smooth. If the dough is too sticky, add a little more flour. Form into a ball and leave to rise in a warm place until the dough doubles in volume, about 1 hour.
5. Wash the parsley and rosemary, then pat them dry with kitchen paper. Finely chop the garlic cloves and parsley. Strip the rosemary leaves from the sprigs and roughly chop them. Combine the parsley, thyme, garlic and remaining olive oil in a bowl. Toss gently to blend. In the meantime, finely grate the cheese.
6. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead it lightly for about 1 minute. Divide the rolled dough into 12 pieces. Cover the dough pieces with the garlic mixture all over. Put them into a round baking dish. Cover, and allow them to stand for 20 minutes more. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
7. Bake the garlic pieces for about 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown. After about 20 minutes, sprinkle over with the grated cheese. Reduce the heat to 350 °F (180 °C). If the pastry gets too brown, cover with a piece of baking paper.
Per serving (One piece):
Energy: 195 kcal / 817 kJ
Fat: 7,6 g
Carbohydrates: 25,2 g
of which sugars: 2,7 g
Protein: 5,7 g
Fibre: 1,2 g