Pumpkin Lasagna with Salmon
Ready in: 1 hour
Yield: 6 servings
7.2 oz (204 g) lasagna sheets (12)
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
22.9 oz (650 g) fresh pumpkin
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
11.8 (350 ml) vegetable stock
3.4 fl. oz (100 ml) whipping cream
5.3 oz (150 g) cheese
1 handful of fresh dill
21.2 (600 g) salmon fillets
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 390 °F (200 °C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the sunflower oil. Carefully put 2-3 lasagna into the boiling water and cook until half- tender, about 5 minutes. (Remove any foam that rises to the top, while cooking the pasta.) Grease a large plate lightly with sunflower oil. Using a large slotted spoon, transfer the lasagna onto the plate.
2. With a sharp knife or peeler, remove the hard skin from the pumpkin. Scrape it’s seeds with a tablespoon. Cut the pumpkin into cubes. Melt half the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over low heat. Add the pumpkin cubes and 3.4 fl. oz (100 ml) of vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Sift the flour over the pumpkin and sir to mix evenly. Cook over a medium heat until half-tender, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Rinse the salmon fillets under cold water and pat them dry with kitchen paper. Cut the fillets into small cubes and season them with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the salmon cubes and cook until lightly browned, stirring to colour evenly, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. (Keeping the juice.)
4. Wash the fresh dill, the thoroughly pat dry with kitchen paper. Finely chop the onion and dill. Melt the remaining butter over a low heat until sizzling. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle lightly with salt, ground nutmeg and pepper. Finely grate the cheese and set aside.
5. Sift in the cornstarch and mix well to distribute it evenly. Slowly pour in the whipping cream and 8 1/2 fl. oz (250 ml) of vegetable stock. Stir in the chopped dill and half the grated cheese and bring the mixture to a boil. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cover partly, and let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes more, while stirring occasionally.
6. Place 4 lasagna sheets evenly onto a large baking dish. Arrange 1/2 of the salmon evenly on top, then spoon 1/2 of the cheese sauce and pumpkin evenly on top. Repeat the layers 2 more times. Sprinkle over with the remaining cheese. Bake in the oven until golden brown and set, about 26-28 minutes.
Energy: 484 kcal / 2028 kJ
Fat: 23 g
Carbohydrates: 42,8 g
of which sugars: 7,6 g
Protein: 24,3 g
Fibre: 3,7 g