Roasted Potatoes with Mushrooms
Ready in: 45 minutes
Yield: 3 servings
6 (800 g) potatoes
14 oz (400 g) mushrooms
3 fl. oz (90 ml) whipping cream
1 garlic glove
2 tablespoons (35 g) butter
bunch of fresh parsley, dill
3-4 tablespoons sunflower oil
freshly ground pepper
1. Pare the potatoes and mushrooms. Trim off the stem ends of the mushrooms, onion and garlic glove. Peel the onion and garlic.
2. Rinse the potatoes with cold water. Halve and slice the potatoes. Finely chop the onion, garlic glove and fresh herbs. Cut the mushrooms into slices.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Add the mushrooms and 1 tablespoon of butter, cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, or until the mushrooms absorb all of the emerging juices. (While stirring occasionally.)
4. Meanwhile, heat the sunflower oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. When heated, add the potatoes. Generously sprinkle salt and pepper over them. Roast, covered, stirring and turning occasionally until the potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
5. Pour the whipping cream over the mushrooms, stir and cook for 7 minutes, or until the mushrooms absorb the liquid whipping cream. Sprinkle the mushrooms with salt. Add the chopped parsley and dill and stir to blend. Combine the roasted potatoes with the mushroom sauce, tossing gently. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Serve hot. Garnish with chopped parsley, if you like.
Energy: 543 kcal / 2272 kJ
Fat: 34 g
Carbohydrates: 45,5 g
of which sugars: 3,8 g
Protein: 10,3 g
Fibre: 9 g
♥Personal note: If you prefer non-pared mushrooms, just clean them with a small brush. Run with cold water and pat dry with paper towels to remove any remaining water afterwards. To make a vegan variation: Leave out the whipping cream and substitute the butter for vegetable oil.