Spicy Broccoli Soup
Ready in: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
14.1 oz (400 g, without the stalk) fresh broccoli
1 (100 g) potato
1 (50 g) small carrot
1 hot chili pepper
1 garlic clove
2 tablespoons butter
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
1 pinch of ground nutmeg
20.2 fl. oz – 23.7 oz (600-700 ml) vegetable stock
3.4 fl. oz. (100 ml) whipping cream
1. Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving 1-2 cm of stalk attached to the florets. Thoroughly rinse the broccoli florets under cold running water. Wash and peel the potato and carrot.
2. Finely chop the onion and garlic clove. Cut the potato and carrot into cubes. Wash the chili pepper, then cut
in half and discard the seeds and white membranes. Then, cut the pepper into small cubes.
3. Melt half the butter in a large casserole. Add the onions, then sprinkle over with salt, pepper and ground nutmeg. Cook over a low heat until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the garlic, chili pepper, carrots, potatoes and the remaining butter. Cook for another 5 minutes over low heat. Now, add the broccoli and stir to mix.
4. Pour over with 20.2 fl. oz – 23.7 oz (600-700 ml) of the vegetable stock. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat. Cover partly and cook over low heat until tender, about 20-25 minutes. Remove the soup from the heat. Purée the mixture, using an immersion blender.
5. Return the soup to the pan. Add the whipping cream and stir to combine well. Reheat the soup and let it simmer for another 3-5 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if necessary. Serve hot.
Energy: 216 kcal / 903 kJ
Fat: 16,2 g
Carbohydrates: 10 g
of which sugars: 5,7 g
Protein: 5,8 g
Fibre: 4,2 g