Yogurt with Berries and Chia Seeds
Ready in: 30 minutes
Yield: 3 servings
4.4 oz (125 g) blueberries
5.3 oz (150 g) strawberries
10 fl. oz (300 ml) greek yogurt
1 tablespoon mascarpone
1 teaspoon chia seeds
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 vanilla bean
2 tablespoons honey
3-4 tablespoons chopped almonds
1. Wash the strawberries and blueberries. Pat dry with kitchen paper. Hull the strawberries. Use a paring knife to split the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
2. Combine the blueberries, strawberries, chia seeds, granulated sugar and vanilla in a heavy pan. Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the berries have given off some liquid but still maintain their shape, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
3. Combine the yogurt, mascarpone and honey in a bowl. Stir until the mixture is just smooth.
4. In a small non-stick skillet over medium heat, add the chopped almonds. Stir occasionally about 2-3 minutes, until fragrant and lightly toasted. Remove from the heat and let cool on a plate.
5. In a glass serving bowl, layer the berry and yogurt mixture. Sprinkle over with chopped almonds. Serve at once or cover the top with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
♥Personal note: You can add 1-2 tablespoons more of the sugar to the berry mixture, if you like really sweet desserts. Roasting nuts will intensify their flavour. But, you should always remove roasted nuts from the skillet to a cool plate, otherwise they will continue to cook from the residual heat. Sprinkle over with almonds just before serving.
Energy: 288 kcal / 1204 kJ
Fat: 17,3 g
Carbohydrate: 25,3 g
of which sugars: 18,7 g
Protein: 6,2 g
Fibre: 5 g