Baked Potatoes with Fresh Pumpkin and Cheese
Ready in: 1 hour 30 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
5 (850 g) potatoes
8.8 oz (250 g) fresh pumpkin
1 red bell pepper
3 1/2 oz (100 g) cheese (Montasio Dop)
1 pinch of ground nutmeg
freshly ground pepper
1. Wash and scrub the potatoes thoroughly. Pat them dry with kitchen paper.
2. Finely chop the onion. Wash the bell pepper, remove it’s seeds and white membranes. Then, cut the bell pepper into small cubes. Wash and peel the pumpkin. Cut off the hard stem ends, then quarter the pumpkin and spoon out it’s seeds. We need only about 250 g of the pumpkin, you can keep the remaining pumpkin refrigerated until ready to use. With a sharp knife, cut the pumpkin in small cubes. Finely grate the cheese and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
3. Preheat the oven to 390 °F (200 °C). Brush the potatoes all over with a bit of sunflower oil. Place them in a large baking dish and cover with cooking foil. Bake until tender, about 1 – 1 1/2 hours, depending on size.
4. Heat 1-2 tablespoons of sunflower oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the onion and cook over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Raise the heat to a medium. Add the pumpkin and bell pepper and season with the ground nutmeg. Cover and cook over medium heat until just tender, about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Cut the potatoes in half lenghtways. Use a small spoon to scoop out the flesh in the middle. Stir the potato flesh to the pumpkin mixture and cook over high heat, stirring, until the potato is lighty browned. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Divide the potato mixture between the potato skins. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top. Bake in the oven until the cheese melts, about 5-10 minutes. Serve hot.
Energy: 318 kcal / 1332 kJ
Fat: 15 g
Carbohydrates: 33,2 g
of which sugars: 6,7 g
Protein: 10,1 g
Fibre: 6,3 g