Chicken Risotto with Safran
Ready in: 1 hour
Yield: 4 servings
14 oz (400 g) boneless, skinless chicken fillets
10.6 oz (300 g) risotto rice
1.8 oz (50 g) butter
1 teaspoon safran
28 fl. oz (800 ml) chicken stock
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Rinse the chicken filets with cold water. Pat dry with kitchen paper. Wash and drain the risotto rice.
2. Cut the chicken filets into cubes and season them with salt and pepper. Finely chop the onion.
3. In a large,heavy pan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the onions and cook until just soft, 6-8 minutes. Stir well and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken cubes. Raise the heat to medium-high and stir to break the cubes up. Cook for 30 seconds, while stirring constantly. Stir in the rice and cook for another 30 seconds.
4. Lower the heat and add the safran. Add 7 fl. oz (200 ml) of the hot chicken stock and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the chicken stock is absorbed. Allow the chicken stock to be absorbed before adding more. Repeat until the risotto rice is soft and creamy, about 25-30 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let the risotto rest for 5-10 minutes, partly covered.
5. Serve topped with grated parmesan cheese to taste.
Energy: 495 kcal / 2071 kJ
Fat: 13,2 g
Carbohydrates: 63,4 g
of which sugars: 1,1 g
Protein: 30,3 g
Fibre: 0,3 g
♥Personal note: You can add 3 fl. oz (90 ml) of white wine to the risotto before adding the chicken stock. Always use separate cutting boards for vegetables and meat.