Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside!
Ready in: 25 minutes
Yield: 20 coconut macaroons
3 1/2 oz (100 g) grated coconuts
1.4 oz (40 g) curd cheese
2.1 oz (60 g) granulated sugar
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon rum
2 drops almond flavouring
1. Preheat the oven to 320 °F (160 °C) (Oven Setting: Top and bottom heat). Cover a baking rack with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, stir together the coconut flakes, curd cheese and almond flavouring.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat the egg whites until soft and foamy. Now, add the granulated sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. (How to know that the egg whites are beaten enough: Make a cut with a knife, the cut has to remain visible.)
4. Use a wooden spoon to gently fold in the coconut mixture into the egg whites. (Do not whisk them together.)
5. Spoon the coconut macaroons on the prepared baking paper. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. During the last 5 minutes, change the oven setting to “Convection Oven”.
Energy: 51 kcal / 215 kJ
Fat: 3,3 g
Carbohydrates: 3,5 g
of which sugars: 3,4 g
Protein: 1,2 g
Fibre: 0,7 g