Conchiglioni Rigati with Bolognese
Ready in: 1 hour 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Tomato sauce (Use the basic recipe)
17.6 oz (500 g) minced beef
3-4 sprigs fresh thyme sprigs
1 garlic clove
freshly ground pepper
8.8 oz (250 g) conchiglioni rigati
4 oz (115 g) cheese (Valpadana Dop)
1. Wash the thyme sprigs, then pat dry with kitchen paper. Strip the thyme leaves from the sprigs. Finely chop the garlic and the thyme leaves. Season the minced meat with salt and pepper.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil in a large non-stick frying pan until sizzling. Add the garlic and thyme and cook for 1 minute. Raise the heat to a medium. Add the minced meat and cook until just beginning to brown, about 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently to break up the meat.
3. Add the tomato sauce. Partly cover the pan and let the mixture simmer over low heat for 5-6 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil and the conchiglioni rigati. Cook until half tender, about 7 minutes. (Do not cook until softened). Drain the pasta in a colander and rinse with cold water. Put the pasta into a large bowl. Finely grate the cheese.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Transfer the pasta mixture to a baking dish and arrange them in layers. Fill the conchiglioni rigati with the bolognese. Top with the remaining bolognese and sprinkle over with the grated cheese.
6. Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes. (Cover the dish with baking paper after about 15 minutes.)
Energy: 800 kcal / 3351 kJ
Fat: 42 g
Carbohydrates: 87,5 g
of which sugars: 59,7 g
Protein: 43 g
Fibre: 6,8 g