Cream of Broccoli Soup
Ready in: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
17.6 oz (500 g) broccoli (10.6 oz // 300 g without the stalk)
1/4 sweet potato
1 garlic clove
2 teaspoons butter
freshly ground pepper
1 pinch of ground nutmeg
15,2 – 16,9 fl. oz (450-500 ml) vegetable stock
3.4 fl. oz. (100 ml) whipping cream
1. Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving 1-2 cm of stalk attached to the florets. Thoroughly rinse the broccoli florets under cold running water. Wash and peel the potato and sweet potato.
2. Finely chop the onion and garlic clove. Cut the potatoes into cubes.
3. Melt the butter in a large casserole. Add the onions and garlic. Sprinkle over with salt, pepper and ground nutmeg. Cook over low-medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes. Now, add the broccoli and stir to mix.
4. Pour over with 15,2 – 16,9 fl. oz (450-500 ml) of the vegetable stock. Bring the mixture to the boil, then lower the heat. Cover partly and cook over low heat until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove the soup from the heat. Purée the mixture, using an immersion blender.
5. Return the soup to the pan. Add the whipping cream and stir to combine well. Reheat the soup and let it simmer for another 3 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if necessary. Serve hot. Sprinkle over with homemade croûtons.
Energy: 190 kcal / 794 kJ
Fat: 14 g
Carbohydrates: 10 g
of which sugars: 4,6 g
Protein: 4,7 g
Fibre: 3,4 g