Flatbread Meat Pie with Cheddar
Ready in: 1 hour
Yield: 6 servings
17. 6 oz (500 g) minced beef
10.6 (300 g) flatbread (lavash)
1 garlic clove
2 tablespoons butter
freshly ground pepper
3.4 fl oz (100 ml) buttermilk or kefir
1 handful of fresh herbs, such as parsley
5.3 oz (150 g) cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 325 °F (170 °C).
2. Finely chop the onion and garlic clove. Wash the fresh parsley and carrot. Pat them dry with kitchen paper. Finely chop the parsley. Peel the carrot and cut it into cubes. Season the minced meat with salt and pepper.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the onions, garlic and carrots and cook over low heat until softened, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Raise the heat to medium, add the minced beef and cook for 8-10 minutes more. Stir frequently to break up the lumps. Season it with salt, if necessary. Add the chopped parsley and cook for another minute. Transfer the beef mixture into a large bowl.
4. Finely grate the cheese. Put the egg in a mixing bowl and beat well with a fork. Pour in the buttermilk and whisk until evenly blended. Season lighty with salt and pepper. Dip 1/3 of the flatbread into the egg mixture, to coat all over.
Assembling the Meat Pie:
1. Cover a baking dish with 1/3 of the flat bread. Add half of the beef mixture, spreading it out evenly. Sprinkle over with 1/3 of the cheese.
2. Top with the soaked flatbread mixture. Put the remaining beef mixture on top and spread it out evenly. Sprinkle over with 1/3 of the grated cheese. Dot with 1 tablespoon of butter.
3. Cover everything with the remaining flatbread. Sprinkle over with the remaining cheddar and dot with the butter.
4. Bake in the oven until golden brown on top, about 25 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
Energy: 500 kcal / 2096 kJ
Fat: 31,5 g
Carbohydrates: 26,9 g
of which sugars: 2,7 g
Protein: 27,2 g
Fibre: 0,8 g