French Toast with Curd Cheese Filling
Ready in: 20 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
10 slices of toast
1 packet (8 g) vanilla sugar
7.6 fl. oz (225 ml) milk
1 pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
8.8 oz (250 g) curd cheese (Quark – 20 % fat)
1 packet vanilla sugar
2-3 tablespoons sunflower oil for frying
1.4 oz (40 g) butter
Optional: confectioners sugar
1. Beat the eggs until frothy. Add the ground cinnamon, salt, milk and 1 packet of vanilla sugar. Stir until well blended.
2. Combine the curd cheese with 1 packet of vanilla sugar. Stir until blended.
3. Spread half the toast slices with the curd cheese filling. Top with the remaining bread halves. Dip the slices of white bread in the milk mixture from both sides.
4. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and sunflower oil in a large non-stick frying pan until sizzling. Put the slices of white bread into the hot pan. Cover, and cook the french toast over medium heat until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining butter. Turn and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes.
5. Serve warm. Sprinkle over with confectioners sugar to taste.
Energy: 352 kcal / 1474 kJ
Fat: 18,9 g
Carbohydrates: 31,4 g
of which sugars: 9,3 g
Protein: 13,6 g
Fibre: 1,8 g