Homemade Pizza with Cheese
Ready in: 2 hours
Yield: 1 pizza
Basic tomato sauce
(Don’t add the carrot. (use about 300 g less of the tomatoes. You can add some chili, if you like. )
For the pizza dough:
8.8 oz (250 g) all-purpose flour
5.4 fl. oz (160 ml) water (lukewarm)
0.7 oz (21 g) fresh yeast
(or 0.2 oz // 5 g of dry yeast)
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
4.9 oz (140 g) cheese (Gouda)
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
2. Put the sugar and crumbled yeast into the well. Pour the lukewarm water into the well, while mixing with 2-3 tablespoons of the flour. Stir to blend evenly.
3. Sprinkle lighty with flour over the yeast mixture. Cover the bowl and let the yeast mixture stand for 15 minutes. (You will see some cracks in the flour after a while.)
4. Now add the olive oil. Use your hands to mix everything together until the dough begins to form a ball. Knead until smooth. If the dough is too sticky, add a little more flour. Form into a ball and leave to rise in a warm place until the dough doubles in volume, about 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 390 °F (200 °C).Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead it lightly for about 1 minute. With a rolling pin, roll the dough into a round circle. Put the dough into a round pizza baking dish. Using your fingertips, stretch and pat out the dough to line the baking dish evenly. Form a rim that is slightly thicker than the base. Cover and allow to stand for 10 minutes more. Prick the dough evenly all over with a fork. Bake the dough base for 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, finely grate the cheese. Brush the pizza dough base lightly with olive oil. Spoon the tomato sauce onto the base, spreading it evenly. Sprinkle over with the cheese.
7. Bake in the oven until the crust is golden brown, for about 25-28 minutes. Let the pizza slightly cool on a wire rack.
Per slice (If you cut the pizza into 8 slices):
Energy: 257 kcal / 1074 kJ
Fat: 11,4 g
Carbohydrates: 28 g
of which sugars: 5,2 g
Protein: 8,9 g
Fibre: 2,6 g