Homemade Turkey Schnitzel
Ready in: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
17.6 oz (500 g) skinless, boneless turkey fillets
3 1/2 oz (100 g) bread crumbs
2-3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1.4 oz (40 g) butter
freshy ground pepper
Optional Garnishes: Tomatoes, radishes, pickles, lemon wedges
1. Rinse the turkey fillets in cold water. Pat dry with kitchen paper. Season them with salt and pepper on both sides. With a meat mallet, pound the turkey fillets between two sheets of baking parchment until thin.
2. Coat the turkey filets lightly in flour all over, shake off any excess. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Dip the turkey fillets into the egg mixture, turning to coat them evenly.
3. Coat the turkey fillets on both sides with the bread crumbs, patting with your fingers to help them stick. Shake off any excess.
4. Heat 2-3 tablespoons of sunflower oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Place the turkey pieces in the frying pan in an even layer, two or three at a time. Add 1-2 teaspoons of the butter and cook until golden brown, 4-5 minutes on each side.
5. Serve with lemon wedges, tomatoes and pickles on the side. Top with tomato ketchup to your taste.
Energy: 371 kcal / 1554 kJ
Fat: 18,2 g
Carbohydrates: 16,4 g
of which sugars: 0,5 g
Protein: 35 g
Fibre: 0,2 g