Layered Crêpe Cake with Chocolate Cream
Ready in: 1 hour
Yield: 12 pancakes + chocolate cream
For the crêpes:
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
23.6 fl. oz (700 ml) milk
5.6 oz (160 g) all-purpose flour
3.2 oz (90 g) almond flour
1 pinch of salt
sunflower oil for frying
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Melt the butter over low heat and allow it to cool.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar until well blended. Add the milk, butter and flour in 3 batches, stirring well after each addition. Let the batter stand for 10 minutes.
3. Heat a non-stick frying over high heat and grease the pan lightly with sunflower oil. Using a ladle, pour in the batter and tilt the pan to coat all over. Cook until golden brown, about 30 seconds, then flip the crêpe with a thin spatula and cook the other side for 20 seconds.
4. Brush the pan lighty with sunflower oil and repeat this step with the remaining batter. Transfer the crêpes onto a large plate.
For the chocolate cream:
8 1/2 (250 ml) milk
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla paste
1.8 oz (50 g) granulated sugar
2 egg yolks
1/2 packet cornstarch powder
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
2.8 oz (80 g) butter (room temperature)
2 tablespooons confectioners sugar
1. Bring the milk to a boil. Add the vanilla paste and stir to mix.
2. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the salt and granulated sugar. Sift the custard powder into the egg mixture and stir to blend evenly.
3. Pour the egg yolk mixture into the boiling milk, stirring constantly until everything thickens, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl. Allow the mixture to cool completely. Stir occasionally. Press the custard mixture through a strainer.
4. Whisk the butter until softened. Sift in the cocoa powder and confectioners sugar. Whisk until thoroughly blended. Spoon the chocolate butter in batches into the custard mixture, stirring well after each addition.
5. Place one crêpe on a serving dish. Spread 1-2 tablespoons of chocolate cream over the pancake. Top with another crêpe. Continue spreading and stacking the remaining chocolate cream and crêpes. Decorate the base with grated chocoalte and fresh fruit, if you like.
Per serving (If you cut the cake into 8 pieces):
Energy: 395 kcal / 1654 kJ
Fat: 20.8 g
Carbohydrates: 36 g
of which sugars: 19,5 g
Protein: 14,7 g
Fibre: 2,6 g