Low Carb Tuna with Roasted Vegetables
Ready in: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
3 cans tuna fish (Drained about 14.8 oz // 420 g)
2 beef tomatoes
1 red bell pepper
1 (200 g) courgette
2 tablespoons butter
freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon sambal oelek
1 handful of fresh herbs, dill or parsley
1. Drain the canned tuna fish and set aside. Wash the vegetables and fresh herbs. Pat them dry with kitchen paper.
2. Peel the carrots and cut off the stem ends. Cut the carrots into cubes. Peel the onions, then finely chop them. Cut the bell pepper in half, discard the seeds and the white membranes. Cut the pepper into thin strips, then into small cubes. Finely chop the dill. Trim the ends of the courgette, then halve them and remove the seeds. Cut the courgette into cubes. Peel the tomato and remove the pulp from the seeds. (Reserving the juice.) Sieve the tomato juice into a small bowl. Chop the tomatoes.
3. Heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan until foamy. Add the onions and cook over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Raise the heat to a medium.
4. Add the carrots, bell pepper and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Now stir in the courgette and tomato juice. Season lightly with salt. Cover, and cook for 5 minutes more, while stirring occasionally.
5. Reduce the heat. Add the tuna fish and sambal oelek, and toss gently to mix. Add the dill and let the tuna simmer for 2-3 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
Energy: 329 kcal / 1378 kJ
Fat: 18,8 g
Carbohydrates: 10,3 g
of which sugars: 9,6 g
Protein: 28 g
Fibre: 4,6 g