Low Carb – Vegetables and Chicken Casserole
Ready in: 1 hour
Yield: 4 servings
14.1 oz (400 g) chicken fillets
1 large (350-400 g) zucchini
1 garlic clove
1 red onion
1 red chili pepper
1/2 large red bell pepper
1/2 large yellow bell pepper
3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon of butter
1 teaspoon red bell pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
2.1 oz (60 g) Mozzarella cheese
2.1 oz (60 g) Gouda cheese
freshly ground pepper
sunflower oil (for frying)
1. Wash the broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini, and chili pepper. Remove any white membranes, stem ends and seeds. Wearing rubber gloves, carefully rub off the charred skin. For a less hot flavour, discard the seeds. Dice the chili pepper. Cut the zucchini into round slices. Finely grate the cheese. Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving 1-2 cm of stalk attached to the florets. Thoroughly rinse the broccoli florets under cold running water.
2. Rinse the chicken fillets under cold water, then pat them dry with kitchen paper. Dust each piece lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper. Roughly chop the chicken fillets. Put the chicken, onion and garlic glove into a meat grinder. Put the chicken mixture into a large bowl. Add the chili, ginger powder, red bell pepper powder, and 1 pinch of salt and toss to coat evenly.
3. Bring a medium-sized pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and cook for about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the minced chicken mixture and cook over a high heat, stirring frequently, until browned and crumbly. Transfer the chicken crumbles into a large bowl and set aside.
4. Heat the butter in the same pan. Add the bell pepper and cook over a medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season them with salt and pepper. Now add the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes more. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
5. Coat the zucchini lightly with flour, shaking of any excess.Heat 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil over a medium heat. When hot, add the zucchini slices, in batches. Cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes on each side. Drain them on kitchen paper.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Arrange half of the chicken crumbles in an even layer in a baking dish. Top with half of the bell pepper and zucchini. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Top with the grated cheese.
7. Bake until the cheese melts, about 15 minutes.
Energy: 399 kcal / 1670 kJ
Fat: 21,4 g
Carbohydrates: 12,3 g
of which sugars: 9,5 g
Protein: 36,1 g
Fibre: 6,5 g