Marble Cake Recipe from Scratch
Step by step recipe on how to make a homemade marble cake from scratch
Ready in: 1 hour 20 minutes
Yield: 12 pieces
6 oz (170 g) butter (softened)
5.6 oz (160 g) granulated sugar
2 packets (16 g) vanilla sugar
9 1/2 oz (270 g) all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of ground cinnamon
4.7 fl. oz (140 ml) milk (+ 2 tablespoons for the cocoa mixture)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
Optional: icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 340 °F (170 °C). Grease a bundt tin with butter and sprinkle with flour. Shake of the excess flour.
2. Beat the butter with the granulated sugar and 1 packet of vanilla sugar until soft and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition.
3. In a big bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking powder. Sift the flour mixture onto the egg mixture in three batches and whisk until blended. Add the milk and stir until thoroughly blended.
4. Transfer half of the mixture into a separate bowl. Add the cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of milk and 1 packet of vanilla sugar and whisk until thoroughly blended.
5. Spoon the light and brown mixture in turns onto the prepared tin. Repeat with the second layer. Use a fork to make swirls around the mixture. This will create the marbled structure. (But be careful not to overdo this step.)
6. Bake until a skewer inserted comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack. When the cake is cool, sprinkle over with icing sugar to taste.
1 piece of cake :
Energy: 282 kcal / 1181 kJ
Fat: 14,4 g
Carbohydrates: 32,2 g
of which sugars: 15,8 g
Protein: 5,2 g
Fibre: 12,2 g
♥Personal note: You can add 1 tablespoon of lemon or orange zest to the cake mixture.