This is a basic recipe for Pound Cake.
There are many variations for specific pound cakes, but right now, all we want is to have a basic idea on how to bake a Pound Cake.
Ready in: 1 hour 30 minutes
Yield: 1 cake
8.8 oz (250 g) butter (softened)
8.8 oz (250 g) granulated sugar
1 packet (8 g) vanilla sugar
2 fl. oz (60 ml) milk
9.8 oz (280 g) flour (Type 550)
5.3 oz (150 g) cornstarch
0.4 oz (12 g) baking powder
1 pinch of salt
Koalified Tips (What’s important):
1. The butter, eggs and milk, have all to be at room temperature! The butter has to be soft.
2. Add the eggs in batches!
3. Do not over-whisk the mixture, only whisk everything until just blended.
4. The consistency of the batter has to be sticky, not liquid, which means: The batter should slowly fall from the spoon.
5. Don’t open the stove in the first 20 minutes while baking the cake!
6. After 30 minutes, cover the cake with baking paper, to prevent the top from getting too brown.
Now let’s start making the cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Grease a bundt tin with butter and sprinkle with flour or white bread crumbs. Shake of the excess flour or white bread crumbs.
2. Whisk the softened butter with the granulated sugar and vanilla sugar until light yellow and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition. (It’s very important to not add the eggs all at once.) Pour in the milk and stir until just blended.
3. Sift the flour, cornstarch, salt and baking powder into a large bowl. Whisk until thoroughly mixed.
4. Add the flour mixture onto the egg mixture in batches. Whisk until just blended. (Don’t overdo the whisking.)
5. Spoon the mixture onto the prepared tin. Bake until a skewer inserted comes out clean, about 55 minutes – 1 hour.
6. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack. When the cake is cool, sprinkle over with icing sugar to taste.
1 piece of cake: (If you cut the cake into 16 pieces)
Energy: 300 kcal / 1255 kJ
Fat: 15 g
Carbohydrates: 38,5 g
of which sugars: 16,8 g
Protein: 3,8 g
Fibre: 0,6 g
♥Personal note: Like I mentioned in the beginning of this post, there are many pound cakes, where the amount of the ingredients varies. Or where you have to separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. You can also add rum or orange juice to the mixture, or lemon zest ect. I’ll cover this in an upcoming post. #( ^ O ^ )#