Ready in: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
1 pinch of salt
1 packet (8 g) vanilla sugar
18 oz (500 g) Quark (curd cheese)
9 oz (250 g) Magerquark (low fat curd cheese)
4 1/2 oz (125 g) granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter (melted)
2 oz (60 g) semolina
1 packet custard powder (vanilla flavour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
12.3 oz (350 g) sour cherries (drained)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). .
2. Melt the butter in a small pan and leave to cool. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. In a big bowl, beat the egg whites stiff, gradually adding the vanilla sugar and a pinch of salt.
3. In separate bowl, combine the curd, granulated sugar, butter, semolina, custard powder and baking powder. Whisk to blend. Add the egg whites in batches, mixing well until evenly blended.
4. Spread half the mixture in a greased baking dish. Top with the sour cherries. Spoon the remaining quark mixture over the sour cherries, spreading to the edges.
5. Bake until golden brown, about 1 hour. Cover the top with baking paper, if it gets too brown too early. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Serve the Quark Soufflé warm of cold.
Energy: 335 kcal / 1401 kJ
Fat: 7,1 g
Carbohydrates: 48,7 g
of which sugars: 32,9 g
Protein: 20,1 g
Fibre: 1,1 g