Quesadillas with Vegetables and Montasio Cheese
Ready in: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
4 large flour tortillas
1 garlic clove
14.1 oz (400 g) tomatoes
1.8 oz (50 g) canned corn
5.6 oz (160 g) cheese (Montasio Dop)
3 1/2 oz (100 g) red bell pepper
2.8 oz (80 g) green bell pepper
2.8 oz (80 g) yellow bell pepper
1 handful of fresh parsley
1 tablespoon butter
freshly ground pepper
1 pinch of red bell pepper powder
1. Wash the bell peppers, tomatoes and fresh parsley. Pat them dry with kitchen paper. Remove the stem ends. Discard the seeds and the white membranes. Cut the bell pepper into cubes. Peel the onion and garlic clove. Then, finely chop them.
2. Finely chop the parsley. Wash the tomatoes. Put them into a large bowl and pour over with boiling water, enough to cover. Let them stand for 2 minutes. Drain the tomatoes, then peel off the skin and remove the pulp from the seeds. (Reserve the tomato juice.) Chop the tomatoes.
3. Halve the avocado and remove the pit with a tablespoon. Peel one half. Set the remaining half in the refrigerator to keep fresh until ready to use. Cut the avocado flesh into cubes. Halve the lime and squeeze the juice from one half over the avocado. Combine the parsley with the avocado cubes. Finely grate the cheese.
4. Heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan over low heat. Add the chopped onion, garlic clove and red bell pepper powder. Season them with salt and pepper. Cook until just tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the bell peppers and cook for 5 minutes more, while stirring occasionally. Season the bell peppers with salt. Add the tomatoes, canned corn and tomato juice. Cover, and cook for 7 minutes over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Transfer the bell pepper mixture into a bowl to cool completely. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Lay a baking rack with baking paper.
6. Put the tortillas on the prepared baking sheet. Add a layer of cheese, top with the bell pepper mixture, add the avocado cubes and another layer of cheese. Top with the second tortilla. Bake in the oven until golden and crispy for about 8-10 minutes. With a sharp knife, quarter each quesadilla.
Per serving (2 quarters):
Energy: 511 kcal / 2140 kJ
Fat: 27,7 g
Carbohydrates: 43 g
of which sugars: g
Protein: 9,7 g
Fibre: 6,4 g