Ready in: 1 hour
Yield: 1 cake
4.2 oz (120 g) granulated sugar
1 packet (8 g) vanilla sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
lemon zest from 1 lemon
1 tablespoon rum
1.8 oz (50 g) raisins
4.9 oz (140 g) ground almonds
1 pinch of salt
0.4 oz (10 g) butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Grease a rectangular cake tin lightly with butter and sprinkle lightly with flour. Shake off the excess flour. Sift the flour into a bowl.
2. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Thoroughly wash the raisins under warm water. Pat them dry with kitchen paper. Combine the raisins with 1 tablespoon of flour.
3. Briefly whisk the egg yolks with the vanilla sugar and granulated sugar. With a hand mixer, beat until thick and creamy. Add the cinnamon, ground almonds,rum, flour and raisins.
4. Add the egg whites and beat until thoroughly blended. Pour the cake mixture into the prepared cake tin. Bake until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes, then carefully transfer onto a wire rack.
5. Once cooled, brush all over with melted cooking chocolate. Sprinkle over with chopped nuts.
Per serving // 1 piece (If you cut the cake into 6 pieces):
Energy: 335 kcal / 1399 kJ
Fat: 16,4 g
Carbohydrates: 32,5 g
of which sugars: 26,9 g
Protein: 9,6 g
Fibre: 3,2 g