Roasted Crêpes with Meat Filling
Ready in: 2 hours
Yield: 8 crêpes
Low Carb Crêpes:
Use this recipe (We will need only about 8 crêpes, you can refrigerate the remaining crêpes until ready to use)
16.9 (480 g) fresh beef meat
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon peppercorns
2-3 bay leafs
1. Rinse the beef meat under cold water. Pat dry with kitchen paper. Cut the beef with a sharp knife in half. Thoroughly rinse the carrot and trim off the stem ends. Peel the onion.
2. Fill a large casserole with cold water. Put the beef meat, carrot, onion, bay leafs, salt and peppercorn into the casserole. Bring the water to a boil. Remove any foam that rises to the top, while cooking the meat. Cook over a low-medium heat for about 1 1/2 hour. Transfer the cooked meat onto a plate and leave to cool completely. Remove the onion and carrot. Pour the beef broth through a strainer into a large bowl. We will only need about 6.8 fl. oz (200 ml) of the beef broth. (You can use the remaining beef broth for soups or other dishes the next day)
3. Cut off any unwanted fat from the cooked meat. (I left about 80 % of the fat, to add more taste.) Put the cooked beef through a meat grinder. Pour about 6.8 fl. oz (200 ml) of the beef broth through a strainer into a separate bowl.
4. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the minced meat and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute over a medium heat, while stirring often. Gradually pour in half the beef broth. Cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, while stirring often. Pour in the remaining beef broth and cook for 5 minutes more. Transfer the cooked meat into a bowl.
5. Put about 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture in the centre of each crêpe. Fold in the ends to enclose the filling.
6. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the pancakes in batches until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side. Add some butter to taste. Serve warm.
Energy: 243 kcal / 1017 kJ
Fat: 15,6 g
Carbohydrates: 7,8 g
of which sugars: 2,3 g
Protein: 17,2 g
Fibre: 1,2 g