Roasted Feta Cubes with Couscous
Ready in: 20 minutes
Yield: 3 servings
8.8 oz (250 g) feta cheese
5.6 oz (160 g) small tomatoes (cocktail tomatoes)
2.8 oz (80 g) couscous
0.9 oz (25 g) almond flour
0.9 oz (25 g) pine nuts
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon of red bell pepper powder
freshly ground pepper
5-6 fresh romaine lettuce leaves
1. Roast the pine nuts in a small non-stick skillet over low heat. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant and lightly toasted. Stir occasionally to prevent burning them. Remove the skillet from the heat and let the pine nuts cool completely.
2. Sift the almond flour and red bell pepper powder onto a large plate. Stir to mix evenly. Cut the feta cheese into large cubes. Coat the feta cubes lightly with the almond flour mixture all over, shaking off any excess.
3. Trim off the hard stem from the romaine lettuce and remove any yellow leaves. Thoroughly wash the tomatoes and romaine lettuce. Pat dry with kitchen paper. Cut the tomatoes in half. Rinse and drain the couscous thoroughly in a colander. Transfer into a bowl and pour over with boiled water, just enough to cover. Let the couscous stand for 5 minutes.
4. Heat half the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a low heat until sizzling. Cook the feta cubes until golden brown, about 30 seconds on each side. Transfer onto a plate.
5. Add the remaining butter to the pan. Stir in the couscous and tomatoes and cook over a medium heat until golden, about 2-3 minutes, stirring often. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Transfer into a bowl and leave to cool slightly.
6. Arrange the romaine lettuce on a large plate. Top with the couscous mixture, piling it up in the centre. Place the feta cubes on top. Sprinkle over with the roasted pine nuts. Serve at once.
Energy: 504 kcal / 2112 kJ
Fat: 34,3 g
Carbohydrates: 22 g
of which sugars: 2,9 g
Protein: 25,4 g
Fibre: 2,6 g