Salmon Fillets with Creamy Spinach Sauce
Ready in: 1 hour
Yield: 4 servings
31.7 oz ( 900 g) salmon fillets
17.6 oz (500 g) fresh spinach
3 1/2 oz (100 g) whipping cream
4.2 oz (120 g) cheese
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon almond flour
1 red onion
1 garlic clove
2 tablespoons cream cheese
2 tablespoons honey
1 pinch of ground chili pepper
freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Meanwhile, thoroughly rinse the spinach under cold water. (It’s often necessary to rinse the spinach several times.) Place the spinach into a large casserole. Add 10 fl. oz (300 ml) of lukewarm water and cook the spinach for a few minutes, until just wilted. Drain the spinach, then rinse again under cold water. Use your hands to squeeze the remaining water out of the spinach.
2. Finely chop the onion and garlic clove. Roughly chop the spinach. Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan until sizzling. Add the onions and garlic, and cook over a low heat until softened, about 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add the spinach to the pan and cook for 1 minute more. Sift in the almond flour and stir to blend evenly.
3. Add the whipping cream, cream cheese and 3.4 fl. oz (100 ml) of water. Bring the mixture to a boil, while stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Turn down the heat and cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce gets thicker. Transfer half the spinach sauce into a bowl.
4. Rinse the salmon fillets under cold water, then pat them dry with kitchen paper. Season with salt and pepper on botch sides. Heat 1-2 tablespoons of sunflower oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the salmon fillets and cook for 1 minute on each side. Transfer them to a plate and set aside.
5. For the honey mixture: Combine the honey with the ground red bell pepper in a heatproof bowl set over hot water. Heat the honey mixture until lukewarm for about 1 minute and set aside. Do not bring the mixture to a boil.
Arranging the dish:
1. Put the spinach mixture into a baking dish. Arrange the salmon fillets in layers on top. Finely grate the cheese. Sprinkle over with the grated cheese. (Leave the salmon fillets blank.)
2. Brush the salmon fillets all over with half the honey mixture. Bake in the oven until glden brown for about 25-28 minutes. Occasionally brush the salmon fillets with the remaining honey mixture.
Energy: 699 kcal / 2929 kJ
Fat: 48,9 g
Carbohydrates: 8,2 g
of which sugars: 6,6 g
Protein: 55,6 g
Fibre: 3,5 g