Low Carb Salmon Patties with Zucchini
Ready in: 35 minutes
Yield: 10 patties
17.6 oz (500 g) salmon fillets
3 1/2 oz (100 g) zucchini
2.1 oz (60 g) cheese
1 teaspoon bell pepper powder
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons sunflower oil (for frying)
2 tablespoons butter
1. Wash the zucchini, carrot and parsley. Pare the carrot. Pat dry with kitchen paper and trim off the stem ends. Dice the carrot and zucchini. Finely chop the onion.
2. Rinse the salmon fillets with cold water, then pat them dry with kitchen paper. Chop the salmon fillets. Finely grate the cheese.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil and butter in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook over low heat until just softened, about 5 minutes. Season them with salt and pepper. Add the carrots and cook for 5 minutes more. Stir in courgettes and bell pepper powder and cook for another 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Season everything with salt and pepper. Transfer the zucchini mixture into a bowl and let it cool completely.
4. In a big bowl, combine the salmon, egg, zucchini mixture, cheese, salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix everything until evenly blended. Rub your hands with water to keep the mixture from sticking. Shape the salmon mixture into patties. Coat the patties lightly with flour all over, shaking off any excess.
5. Heat the remaining sunflower oil and butter in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the patties, partly covered, for about 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Season with salt to taste. Lower the heat, if the patties get too brown too quickly.
6. Serve with mashed potatoes, salad or cooked vegetables to taste.
Per serving (1 Salmon Patty) :
Energy: 192 kcal / 802 kJ
Fat: 12,9 g
Carbohydrates: 3,6 g
of which sugars: 1,4 g
Protein: 12,7 g
Fibre: 0,7 g