Salmon with Rice and Vegetables
Ready in: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
18 oz (500 g) salmon filets
8.8 oz (250 g) rice
7 oz (200 g) mixed bell peppers
5 oz (150 ml) white wine
1 oz (30 g) butter
1 garlic clove
1 red chili pepper
1 handful of fresh herbs (dill, parsley)
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
freshly ground pepper
1. Rinse the salmon fillets with cold water and pat them dry with kitchen paper. Cut the fillets into 2 cm cubes and season them with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the cubes of salmon and cook until lightly browned, stirring to colour evenly, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. (Keeping the juice.)
2. Finely chop the onion and garlic. Wash the vegetables and fresh herbs. Pat them dry with kitchen paper. Discard the bell pepper, chili and tomatoes from their seeds and white membranes. Cut the bell peppers, chili and tomatoes into small cubes. Finely chop the fresh herbs.
3. Melt the butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the onions and garlic and cook over low heat until softened, 5 minutes. Add the bell peppers, chili and tomatoes. Cover and cook until softened for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Stir in the rice and cook over medium heat, about 1 minute, stirring often. Pour in the white wine and stir to mix. Gradually add 7 fl. oz (200 ml) warm water or vegetable stock to the rice. (Only enough to cover the rice.) Bring to the boil. Then lower the heat, cover and cook until all the liquid is absorbed. Repeat until the rice is tender, about 25-30 minutes. (Allow the rice to absorb the liquid, before adding more.)
6. Stir in the chopped herbs. Add the salmon and it’s juice and toss gently to mix. Simmer for 3-4 minutes over low heat. Serve warm. Garnish with lemon halves and chopped parsley to taste.
Energy: 652 kcal / 2731 kJ
Fat: 31 g
Carbohydrates: 52 g
of which sugars: 5,7 g
Protein: 31,2 g
Fibre: 3,9 g