Semolina Cake with Raspberries
Healthy, low carb and low in calories.
Ready in: 1 hour
Yield: 8 servings
1 egg white
1.8 oz (50 g) erythritol
1 oz (30 g) semolina
0.7 oz (20 g) cornstarch
0.4 oz (10 g) ground almonds
17.6 (500 g) curd cheese (low fat)
8.8 oz (250 g) fresh raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Lightly grease a baking tin with sunflower oil. Sprinkle all over with semolina, shaking off any excess. Thoroughly wash the raspberries, then them pat dry with kitchen paper. Put the raspberries into a large bowl and cover them with half the cornstarch, shaking to coat all over.
2. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Beat the egg whites, egg yolk and erythritol until thick and creamy.
3. Stir in the semolina and ground almonds. Add the curd cheese in batches, stirring well after each addition. Sift in the remaining cornstarch and stir to mix evenly.
4. Pour half the semolina mixture into the prepared baking tin, spreading it evenly. Arrange the raspberries evenly on top. Cover the raspberries with the remaining semolina mixture.
5. Bake in the oven until set, about 30-35 minutes. Let the semolina cake cool for 30 minutes.
Per piece (If you cut the cake into 8 pieces):
Energy: 107 kcal / 446 kJ
Fat: 2,7 g
Carbohydrates: 15,4 g
of which sugars: 4,2 g
Protein: 10 g
Fibre: 1,8 g