Shredded Pancake with Raisins (Kaiserschmarrn)
Ready in: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
0.5 oz (15 g) raisins
2 tablespoons rum
1 packet (8 g) vanilla sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 pinch of salt
4.2 oz (120 g) all-purpose flour
8.5 fl. oz (250 ml) milk
1.7 fl. oz (50 ml) whipping cream
1 oz (30 g) butter
Optional: confectioners sugar
1. Thoroughly rinse the raisins with warm water, then pat dry with kitchen paper. Put them into a bowl and pour over with the rum. Melt 0.4 oz (10 g) of butter in a small pan over a low heat. Transfer into a bowl and leave to cool.
2. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Stir together the egg yolks, vanilla sugar and half the granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the milk, whipping cream and flour in batches into the egg yolk mixture, stirring well after each addition. Stir in the melted butter.
3. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually add the granulated sugar and beat until firm. With a wooden spoon, fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture. Drain the raisins, then fold into the egg mixture batter.
4. Heat 0.2 oz (5 g) of butter in a non-stick frying pan over a low-medium heat until sizzling. Pour half the batter into the pan. Cook over a low-medium heat until golden brown and set from one side, about 4 minutes. Once one side has stocked, carefully slide the pancake onto a plate. Add (5 g) of butter to the pan. Cover the plate with the pan and quickly spin it over. Cook the pancake from the other side until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
5. Use a fork to tear the mixture into smaller pieces. Sprinkle over with confectioners sugar to taste.
Energy: 232 kcal / 971 kJ
Fat: 14,7 g
Carbohydrates: 15,6 g
of which sugars: 15,6 g
Protein: 5,8 g
Fibre: 0,2 g