Spelt with Roasted Tomatoes and Crème Fraîche
Ready in: 1 1/2 hours(+ soaking the spelt overnight)
Yield: 4 servings
7 oz (200 g) spelt
fl. oz (600 ml) water
1 oz (30 g) butter
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon pizza spice mix
3 1/2 oz (100 g) crème fraîche
1 pinch of salt
1 handful of fresh parsley, dill
8 cocktail tomatoes
1. Put the spelt into a large bowl. Pour over with 20.3 fl. oz (600 ml) of water. Cover the bowl and let the spelt soak overnight. The next morning, drain the spelt in a colander and rinse under cold water.
2. In a large pot, bring 20.3 fl. oz (600 ml) of water to a boil. Add the spelt and cook until just softened, about 1 hour. (Use a spoon to remove any white foam that rises to the top while cooking the spelt.) Once the spelt has absorbed all of the cooking water. Remove the casserole from the heat. Cover and let the spelt steam for 10 minutes more. Rinse the spelt under cold water.
3. Meanwhile, peel and finely slice the onion and garlic. Wash the tomatoes. Remove the green stem ends, then quarter the tomatoes. Thoroughly wash the fresh dill and parsley. Pat dry with kitchen paper, then finely chop the fresh herbs.
4. Melt half the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a low heat. Add the onion, pizza spice mix and garlic. Cook until softened for 10-12 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
5. Add the tomatoes and remaining butter. Cover partly, and cook over a medium heat for about 6-8 minutes more. Stir occasionally to prevent burning the mixture. Stir in the spelt and crème fraîche and toss to blend evenly. Let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes more, while stirring occasionally. Add the chopped parsley.
Energy: 313 kcal / 1311 kJ
Fat: 15,2 g
Carbohydrates: 34 g
of which sugars: 3 g
Protein: 7 g
Fibre: 5,6 g