Spicy Omelette with Chili, Feta and Chia
Ready in: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
3.4 fl. oz (100 ml) milk
0.7 oz (20 g) butter
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon chia seeds
0.9 oz (25 g) emmental cheese
1 handful of fresh parsley
Optional: 0.9 oz (25 g) feta cheese
1. Thoroughly wash the parsley and chili. Cut off any unwanted stem ends and seeds. Cut the chili pepper into cubes. Finely chop the onion, parsley and garlic clove. Finely grate the emmental cheese. Cut the feta cheese into cubes.
2. In a bowl, stir together the eggs and milk until frothy. Add the parsley, chia seeds and 1 pinch of salt. Whisk to blend evenly.
3. Heat half the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat until sizzling. Add the onion, garlic and chili. Sprinkle over with a pinch of salt. Cook until softened for about 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Pour the eggs mixture over the onion mixture, tilting the pan to spread in evenly. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes until set from one side. Sprinkle over with the finely grated emmental cheese. Slide the omelette onto a large plate. Add the remaining butter to the hot pan. Return the omelette to the pan and cook the other side, for about 1 minute more.
5. Transfer the omelette onto a large plate. Arrange the feta cubes on one half and cover with the other half. Sprinkle over with chia seeds to taste.
Energy: 563 kcal / 2356 kJ
Fat: 43,1 g
Carbohydrates: 12,3 g
of which sugars: 11,5 g
Protein: 29,7 g
Fibre: 3,2 g