Spinach Rolls with Smoked Salmon – (Low Carb)
Ready in: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 spinach roll // 10-12 slices
7 oz (200 g) smoked salmon
8.8 oz (250 g) fresh spinach
1 pinch of ground nutmeg
1 pinch fo salt
1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
1 bunch of fresh dill
8.8 oz (250 g) cream cheese
1. Wash the spinach thoroughly. Drain and place in a large pan. Add 3 1/2 fl. oz (100 ml) of water, cover and cook over low-medium heat until the spinach is wilted. Remove from the heat and let it cool for a while. Using your hands, squeeze hard to extract the water from the spinach. Allow the spinach to cool completely.
2. Divide the egg whites from the egg yolks. Combine the spinach, egg yolks, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg in a food processor. Process until finely blended. Scrape the spinach mixture into a large bowl.
3. In a big bowl, beat the egg whites. Add the salt and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Combine the egg whites with the spinach puree.
4. Preheat the oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Cover a baking tin with baking paper. Grease lightly with butter. Spread the spinach mixture evenly on the prepared baking tin. Bake in the oven for about 12-14 minutes. Turn the mixture onto a clean and dry kitchen towel. Carefully remove the baking paper. Cover with another kitchen towel and allow to cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, wash the dill and lime, then pat them dry with kitchen paper. Finely chop the dill. Then cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice into a bowl. Add the cream cheese, lime and dill. Stir to blend evenly.
6. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly onto the spinach crepe. Top with the smoked salmon. With the help of the kitchen towel, carefully roll the pancake. Slice the spinach roll using a sharp knife.
Per serving (If you cut the spinach roll into 10 slices):
Energy: 132 kcal / 552 kJ
Fat: 11,2 g
Carbohydrates: 2,2 g
of which sugars: 0,5 g
Protein: 8,5 g
Fibre: 0,8 g